Sunshades Eyewear Pty Limited ABN 70 102 239 430 (referred to as “Sunshades”, “we”, “our” and “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information, including your credit information. Your credit information is personal information and the provisions of this Policy apply to your credit information.
- Application of this Policy
This Policy applies to credit-related personal information collected by Sunshades. Sunshades is governed by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) where you are an Australian user, or the Information Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1993 where you are a New Zealand user (both referred to as “Privacy Act”).
Sunshades will review this Policy regularly and may update it from time to time. If we make changes, we will post those changes to this website. You should periodically view this page to review the current terms of this Policy.
- Collection and use of credit-related personal information
Sunshades collects credit-related personal information about you in connection with any credit application made by you or on behalf of your business to trade with Sunshades.
- details of the assets, income, expenditure and liabilities of the applicant for credit including any proposed guarantors;
- records of any credit provider asking a credit reporting body for information about you in relation to any credit application, including the type and amount of credit applied for;
- details included in any application for credit made by you to Sunshades or any other credit provider;
- the type of credit, characteristics, amount, duration and other terms of credit that may or has been provided to you by Sunshades or any other credit provider;
- details of payment information in relation to any credit provided to you;
- details of any serious credit infringement;
- information regarding any court proceedings related to your credit, personal insolvency information and any other credit-related publicly available information relating to you;
- credit ratings, scores, evaluations, summaries and other information derived by Sunshades or any credit-reporting body; and
- to assist us, our service provider or suppliers to investigate or prevent any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities.
2.2 Consent to collection and use of credit-related personal information
By applying for credit with Sunshades, you are consenting to the collection and use of your credit-related personal information in accordance with this Policy.
2.4 Use and disclosure of credit-related personal information
- to determine whether to provide credit terms to you or the entity you represent, and if so the terms on which credit will be provided;
- to determine whether to accept you as a guarantor for any entity you represent in any application for credit;
- to make assessments regarding the ongoing credit-worthiness of you or the entity you represent regarding the provision or review of credit by Sunshades and the terms of any credit provided;
- to provide information to credit-reporting bodies in certain circumstances, including where you consent or where you or the entity you represent have committed a serious credit infringement;
- to deal with credit infringements including debt recovery proceedings and enforcement relating to you, the entity you represent and any guarantors;
- where permitted, to assist other credit providers to do any of the above.
Credit-reporting bodies are permitted by law to handle credit-related personal information. If Sunshades provides your credit information to any credit-reporting body, that credit-reporting body may use that credit information to provide reports to other credit providers assessing your credit-worthiness.
If information is provided to credit-reporting bodies that may reflect adversely on your credit-worthiness, this may result in difficulties with obtaining other credit, or refusal of credit applications made by you or the entity you represent to other credit providers.
- Cross-border disclosure of credit-related personal information (Australian Users)
Some of Sunshades’ third party contractors, suppliers and distributors may be located overseas or perform services overseas and as a result your credit-related personal information may be disclosed to a third party in a foreign country. We may also provide your credit-related personal information to related companies of Sunshades that are located overseas.
We may use a server hosted overseas to store data including your credit-related personal information. Under the Privacy Act, we must take reasonable steps, before personal information is disclosed to an overseas recipient, to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach Australian privacy laws in relation to that information (“the Obligation”).
The Obligation does not apply if you consent to disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient.
By supplying credit-related personal information to us you consent to the disclosure of your credit-related personal information to an overseas recipient and agree that the Obligation does not apply.
- Accessing your credit-related personal information
You have the right under applicable Australian or New Zealand privacy laws to request access to credit-related personal information that is held by Sunshades about you.
You also have the right to request the correction of any of your credit-related personal information that Sunshades holds. Sunshades will take reasonable steps to make appropriate corrections to credit-related personal information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
To seek access to, or correction of, your credit-related personal information please contact Sunshades as follows:
PO Box 7217
ALEXANDRIA NSW 2015, Australia
Attention: Privacy Officer.
- Storage and protection of your credit-related personal information
Sunshades has implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect credit-related personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Sunshades regularly reviews security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect information to the fullest extent possible.
Due to the nature of the internet, Sunshades cannot give any warranties as to the security of any credit-related personal information transmitted by you to Sunshades over the internet, or that credit-related personal information will not be accessed by unauthorised persons.
We encourage you to be vigilant about the protection of your own credit-related personal information when using any digital services.
- Data breaches
In the event of a data breach likely to cause serious harm involving personal information of Australian users, we will notify you in accordance with our Notifiable Data Breaches scheme obligations under Part IIIC of the Privacy Act.